DLIS Welcomes New Director
Please join us in welcoming Amy L. Johnson as our new State Librarian and Division Director.
Amy joined the Department of State in 2000, serving as Chief of the Bureau of Library Development for the last three years. Before joining DOS she was a librarian at North Florida Community College in Madison, Florida. She completed her undergraduate education at The University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, and holds an MLS from Florida State University.
- Cooperative approach to help develop Florida's digital collections.
- Creating standards and guidelines for Florida's cultural heritage organizations.
- In collaboration with the FSU College of Law and Research Center.
- Providing never before digital access to the Laws of Florida from 1845-1996.
- Search for information on government, tourism, healthcare, the environment, legal resources, retirement and more.
- Formerly the Florida Government Information Locator Service (FGILS).
- Search and view thousands of historic photographs, videos, documents, audio recordings and more.
- Educational resources for students of all ages.
- The FEL is a gateway to digital magazines, journal articles, newspapers, almanacs, encyclopedias and books.
- Available to all Florida citizens.
- Search for job openings in Florida libraries.
- Job seekers can post their resumes.
- Download our public comment policy.
- View current and past meetings and notices with links to their agendas.
R.A. Gray Building
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250