Technology in Florida Public Libraries
Early Map of La Florida
Florida’s First Lady Visits the Library
Native American Images From the State Archives
SFA Lifetime Achievement Award
Congratulations to Archives and Records Management Bureau Chief Gerard Clark who was the recipient of a lifetime achievement award from the Society of Florida Archivists.
Among Gerard's career accomplishments:
- He played a key role in the acquisition and organization of many of the historical records that formed the core of the State Archives’ early collections.
- He was an original SFA founder, charter member and one of its first presidents.
- He served as coordinator of the State Historical Records Advisory Board and was instrumental in securing and distributing grant funds to archives around Florida.
- His passion for preserving, promoting and making historical records accessible to the public has encouraged and inspired his staff, students and colleagues.
Gerard Clark is retiring in July 2017 after 38 years serving the archives profession. We will miss his leadership, innovation, dedication and energy.
- Search for information on government, tourism, healthcare, the environment, legal resources, retirement and more.
- Formerly the Florida Government Information Locator Service (FGILS).
- Search and view thousands of historic photographs, videos, documents, audio recordings and more.
- Educational resources for students of all ages.
- The FEL is a gateway to digital magazines, journal articles, newspapers, almanacs, encyclopedias and books.
- Available to all Florida citizens.
- Search for job openings in Florida libraries.
- Job seekers can post their resumes.
- Download our public comment policy.
- View current and past meetings and notices with links to their agendas.
R.A. Gray Building
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250