Starting a Business in Florida
- Starting a Business
- Small Business Development Center
- Startup Kit For New Business Owners
- Required Taxes
To start a business in Florida you need to:
- Check with your County Tax Collector to see if you need a license.
- Register your business with the Department of Revenue.
- Register with the IRS.
- Corporate entities or fictitious name registrants should register with the Department of State.
Check with your local library for books such as Mark Warda’s “How to Start a Business in Florida.”