Form a Company
The Division of Corporations (DOC) provides companies with the right to do business in the state.
Most types of companies need to register with DOC before they can operate in Florida. These include:
- For-profit corporations
- Limited liability companies
- Nonprofit corporations
Sole proprietorships and some kinds of partnerships do not file with DOC, but they may require a fictitious name.
Register your company online at Sunbiz.org. Here are some steps to get you started.
Step 1: Choose Your Company Type
Step 2: Register Your Company
- Register at sunbiz.org:
- Give business information
- List owner names
- Pay filing fee
Step 3: Register Your Fictitious Name (DBA)
- View general information
- See frequently asked questions
- Access free small business resources, including business plans, journals, demographic information, and much more, from the Florida Electronic Library
- Visit your local Florida library