Annual Report Instructions
The 6- or 12-digit number assigned to your entity when the business entity was filed or registered with the Division of Corporations.
The official/legal name of your business on our records.
- The annual report does not allow you to change the name of your business.
- To change the name, download and complete the appropriate amendment form.
- Mail the completed form with payment to the Division of Corporations.
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
The 9-digit number the Internal Revenue Service assigned to the business for federal tax identification purposes.
- Enter your FEIN in the space provided, if not already listed. Do not enter a Social Security Number.
- If “Applied For” is marked already: You previously reported that you applied for an FEIN and must enter the number to proceed.
- Contact the IRS at 1.800.829.4933 for additional information.
Principal Place of Business Address
The street address of the entity’s principal office.
The entity’s mailing address, if different from the principal address. (P.O. Box is acceptable.)
Registered Agent Name, Address, and Signature
The registered agent is the individual or legal entity designated to accept service of process on behalf of the business.
- A business entity cannot serve as its own registered agent.
- However, an individual or principal associated with the business may serve as the registered agent.
- The registered agent must have a physical street address in Florida. Do not list a P.O. Box address.
- If designating a new registered agent, the new registered agent must sign the report, confirming the Agent’s familiarity with the Florida Statutes and accepting the obligations of this designation.
- If a business entity is designated as the Agent, a principal (individual) of that entity must sign to accept the obligations.
- To sign, the registered agent types their name in the signature block.
If the Chief Financial Officer is listed as the Registered Agent:
- The registered agent information cannot be changed.
- Each “authorized insurer” in Florida is required by s.48.151, F.S., to designate the "Chief Financial Officer" as its registered agent for Service of Process.
- A signature is not required for the Chief Financial Officer. Type NOT REQUIRED in the signature field.
- For more information about changing the registered agent for an insurance company, contact the Department of Financial Services.
Principals (Officers/Directors/Managers/Authorized Representatives/General Partners) Names and Addresses
Review the principals associated with this business entity. You can edit, add or delete the information listed by clicking on the provided options.
- Enter the principals you want listed on our database.
- You must provide at least one principal.
- Enter or change the titles, names and street addresses of the principals in the spaces provided.
- A person may serve in more than one capacity.
- You can select the title(s) from the list provided, or enter the title in the textbox if it is not listed.
- If your business is a limited partnership or limited liability limited partnership, you cannot change the general partners on the annual report.
- You must file a Certificate of Amendment to add or delete a general partner.
- You can change the address of a general partner.
Certificate of Status
- You may request a certificate of status when you file your report.
- This item is not required.
- A certificate of status certifies the business entity is active and has paid all fees due this office through a certain date.
- Corporations and Limited Partnerships: $8.75
- Limited Liability Companies: $5.00
- Emailed to you as an attachment at the email address you provide.
- The certificate will be emailed to you regardless of which payment option you choose.
- To receive a certificate of status by mail:
- Submit a separate written request with the required fee to the Certification Section.
- To ensure proper processing, do not submit the request until your annual report has been processed and posted on Sunbiz.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Your filing confirmation, certification (if requested), and future email communications will be sent to this address.