Fictitious Name Renewal
To file a fictitious name renewal:
- Review the instructions for filing a fictitious name renewal.
- Gather all information required to complete the form, including your registration number.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Answers to common questions about e-filing a Florida fictitious name renewal are listed below.
What are my payment options to renew a fictitious name online?
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit Card (Visa or MasterCard only).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
I don’t remember my registration number. Where do I find it?
- Refer to your notice or search our records by name.
- Read our fictitious name search guide if you need assistance searching our database.
How long are fictitious name registrations and renewals valid?
- Both are valid for 5 years and expire on December 31st of the final year.
- If you fail to file the renewal, your registration will expire.
My fictitious name expired. What can I do?
- An expired fictitious name cannot be renewed or reinstated.
- You must file for a new fictitious name.
I don’t want to file online. Can I print and mail my application and payment?
- Yes, you can print the fictitious name renewal application (PDF), and mail it with a check or money order.
- All payments by credit card must use the online renewal application.
Can I change or alter my fictitious name or owner when I renew?
No, you cannot. If you need to change or alter the fictitious name or the owner, do not renew. You should:
- Download and complete Sections 1-4 of the Fictitious Name Registration (PDF) application to simultaneously cancel and re-register the fictitious name.
- Return the completed application with a check or money order for $50.
- Make all checks payable to the Florida Department of State.
- Must be payable in U.S. currency drawn from a U.S. bank.
- Reprint your check voucher if you need an additional copy. Your tracking number is required.