Third Party Voter Registration Organizations
Notice: Rule 1S-2.042 (eff. 12-5-12) implements the standing law and procedures that apply to third-party voter registration organizations as set forth in a 2012 federal court order.
What is a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization (3PVRO)?
A third-party voter registration organization is any person, entity, or organization that collects any voter registration application, but does not include:
- a person who seeks only to register to vote or collect a voter registration application from that person’s spouse, child, or parent; or
- a person engaged in registering to vote or collecting voter registration applications as an employee or agent of the Division of Elections, supervisor of elections, Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, or an official voter registration agency.
3PVRO Database - view a list of all active and withdrawn organizations
How Do I Register as a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?
Prior to engaging in any voter registration activities, a 3PVRO must register by submitting Form DS-DE 119 (English PDF/ Español PDF) as an email attachment in pdf format to 3PVRO@dos.myflorida.com or faxing it to the Division at 850.245.6291. Upon approval, the Division will assign the 3PVRO an ID # before the 3PVRO can conduct voter registration activities. See the 2012 version of s.97.0575, Fla. Statutes and Rule 1S-2.042.
How does my organization update or withdraw its registration as a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?
A 3PVRO must use Form DS-DE 119 (English PDF/ Español PDF) to update or withdraw its registration. The form must be submitted as an email attachment in pdf format to 3PVRO@dos.myflorida.com or faxed to the Division at 850.245.6291. See the 2012 version of s.97.0575, Fla. Statutes and Rule 1S-2.042.
Who do I contact for more information?
Bureau of Voter Registration Services 3PVRO Coordinator
- Phone: 850.245.6290
- Fax: 850.245.6291
- Email: 3PVRO@dos.myflorida.com
- Guidelines - Third Party Voter Registration Organizations - (DE Guide 0012-updated 09/2014)
- Complaint Against Third-Party Voter Registration Organization (DS-DE 121)
- Third-Party Voter Registration Organization Registration Form (DS-DE 119)
- Supervisor of Elections’ Accounting of Third-Party Voter Registration Organization’s Voter Registration Applications (DS-DE 124 PDF)
- Supervisor of Elections’ (SOE) Transmittal Form ‐Third‐Party Voter Registration Organization (3PVRO) Noncompliance (DS-DE 148)
- Voter Promoter School District Campaign - PDF