Early Voting Locations and Times
- Early voting schedules for statewide elections will be posted here before each election.
- Early voting locations and times for special primary and special general elections can be found on our Special Elections webpage.
- Early voting locations and times for local and municipal elections can be found by contacting your local county Supervisor of Elections.
What is Early Voting?
Early Voting is defined as “casting a ballot in person prior to Election Day at a location designated by the Supervisor of Elections and depositing the voted ballot in the tabulation system.” The voter uses the same type of voting equipment that is used at the polls on Election Day. In all elections when there is a state or federal office race, early voting is required to be available. Early voting may be offered in county, municipal and other local elections.
When is Early Voting Available?
Early voting, at a minimum, must begin on the 10th day before an election that contains state or federal races and end on the 3rd day before the election, and shall be provided for no less than eight hours and no more than 12 hours per day at each site during the applicable period.
In addition, early voting may be offered at the discretion of the supervisor of elections on the 15th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, or 2nd day before an election that contains state or federal races for at least eight hours per day, but not more than 12 hours per day. Supervisors of Elections designate early voting sites 30 days prior to an election.
The Supervisor of Elections may provide early voting for elections that are not held in conjunction with a state or federal election. However, the supervisor has the discretion to determine the hours of operation of early voting sites in those elections.
How to Early Vote
Voters who want to vote early should present the following at the early voting site:
- a valid photo identification; and
- a signature identification.
Voters can vote at any early voting site within the county when the site is open.