- The new online system is scheduled to open April 1, 2017. Submission periods for Small Matching and Special Category applications will soon be announced. Prospective applicants should access the sample applications provided below as a guide regarding information and documents that will need to be submitted when applying for a historic preservation grant. Please be aware that each Applicant Organization will need to complete the application and provide supportive material (in the form of attachments) via the new online system.
- The FY2018 Review and Ranking Meeting for Special Category applications occurred on Monday, October 17th, 2016, through Wednesday, October 19th, 2016.
- The How to Manage Your Grant webinar occurred on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. A pdf version of the webinar power point is available on both the Small Matching and Special Category webpages on the right hand side of the screen.
How to Manage Your Grant - Webinar Agenda (.pdf)
- The FY2018 Review and Ranking Meetings for Small Matching applications occurred on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 and Wednesday, July 13, 2016.
FY2018 Small Matching Recommended Funding List (.pdf)
FY2018 Small Matching CLG Recommended Funding List (.pdf)
- A list of Small Matching panel members can be accessed here: Small Matching Panel Members (.pdf)
- Final Grant Funding for FY2017
FY2017 Small Matching Funded Project List (.pdf)
FY2017 Special Category Funded Project List (.pdf)
FY2017 Certified Local Government Small Matching Grant Funded Project List (.pdf)
Historic Preservation Grants Program Overview
The Historic Preservation Grants Program allocates state funds appropriated by the Legislature and federal funds apportioned to the state by the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service, for the preservation and protection of the state's historic and archaeological sites and properties. The program is administered by the Bureau of Historic Preservation, Division of Historical Resources, Florida Department of State and is governed by rules in Chapter 1A-39, Florida Administrative Code and Section 267.0617, Florida Statutes.
Those eligible to apply for grant funding include state agencies, state universities, non-profit organizations, units of local government, cities, towns, and counties. Private property owners are not eligible for state grant funding from the Department of State’s Division of Historical Resources.
Grants Category Information
There are two categories of grants offered by the Florida Division of Historical Resources. Please click on the links below to learn more about each type.
|Special Category Grants||Small Matching Grants|
|Application Period||May 2 - July 8, 2016||February 29 - April 29, 2016|
|Reviewed||October 2016||July 12-13, 2016|
|Funding Request||$50,000 to $500,000||Up to $50,000|
|Reviewed By||Florida Historical Commission||Secretary Approved Panel (pdf)|
|Grant Period||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019||July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018|
To view past Bureau of Historic Preservation Grant Awards, visit the Division's Historic Preservation Grant Recipients Search page.
To view past Department of State Grant Awards, visit the Department's Grants History Online Search Tool (GHOST).
Grant Contract, Payment and Record Requirements
For grants recipients and potential grant recipients; please review and be familiar with the State requirements and guidelines for allowable project costs as outlined in the Department of Financial Services' Reference Guide for State Expenditures (.pdf).
Historic Preservation Grants Program
Division of Historical Resources
R. A. Gray Building, 4th Floor
500 S. Bronough Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399