Looking for a treasure trove of materials about Florida’s past, present and future? Check out our Florida Collection.
- One of the most comprehensive collections of Floridiana.
- Materials covering all aspects of Florida’s past, present and future.
- Books, periodicals, manuscripts, pamphlets, maps, newspapers, clippings, broadsides, memorabilia and pictures.
- Covers wildlife, business, agriculture, the arts, fiction, education, government and history.
- 60,000 items in collection.
- Sign in and out with reference staff.
- Materials in the Florida Collection must be used IN the library. You cannot check them out.
- Although these materials do no circulate, we often have circulating copies of newer materials. Please ask a reference librarian if you need assistance.
- You may bring in:
- Note cards
- Loose blank papers
- Ring bingers without materials in pockets
- Portable computing devices
- Light wraps (such as sweaters and shawls)
- You may NOT bring:
- Food or drinks
- Ink pens or any form of ink
- Briefcases, bags or purses
- Envelopes or other containers
- Books or other materials which might be confused with Florida Collection holdings
- We provide lockers at no charge for storing personal items.
ALL MATERIAL BROUGHT INTO THE LIBRARY MAY BE EXAMINED UPON LEAVING.