General Program Support
- Next Deadline: 5:00 p.m. EST, June 1, 2021
- Grant Period: July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023
- Application Available: April 1, 2021
About the Program
General Program Support (GPS) funding provides funding for Florida’s arts and cultural organizations, both public and private. GPS is designed to fund general program activities (as opposed to a specific project) of an organization. The grant funding should further the State’s cultural objectives by:
- conducting, creating, producing, presenting, staging or sponsoring cultural exhibits, performances, educational programs, or events; or
- providing professional services as a State Service Organization or Local Arts Agency.
All applicants must be either a public entity or a Florida non-profit, tax-exempt corporation as of the application deadline. Ongoing arts and cultural programs within larger, multipurpose institutions are also eligible to apply with restrictions. For more information on applying as part of a larger organization, see page 6 of the GPS Guidelines.
The Division offers four types of General Program Support:
- Arts in Education program support for organizations that promote excellence in arts education.
- Discipline-based program support for cultural and artistic programming in the areas of dance, literature, media arts (i.e. film, radio or television), museum, music, presenter, theatre, traditional arts and visual arts.
- Local Arts Agency program support for designated Local Arts Agencies (LAA). LAAs are public entities whose primary mission is to support arts and culture organization and artists through advocacy, disseminating information and serving as a convener for arts and culture. LAAs must be officially designated in at least one Florida county to apply.
- State Service Organization program support for State Service Organization (SSO). SSOs are non-profit organizations operating on a permanent basis, providing services in at least 40 Florida counties.
- All current and previous grantees must be in good standing with the Division of Cultural Affairs and the Department of State at the time of application.
- Applicant organization must be either a public entity or a Florida non-profit, tax exempt corporation as of the application deadline.
- All organizations must have at least one year of completed arts and cultural programming and be able to provide their last completed fiscal year’s operating budget.
- Applicant must have registered with the Division of Corporations, and their status be “active,” as of the application deadline.
- Applicant must be registered as a vendor with the Department of Financial Services, and be able to provide a copy of their Florida Substitute W-9 form.
- Applicant must have a DUNS number.
For more information about program and discipline-specific eligibility requirements, see pages 9-12 of the GPS Guidelines.
- Apply Online
- 2022-2023 General Program Support Grant Guidelines
- 2022-2023 Rubric for Scoring
- 2022-2023 Budget Worksheet
- GPS Application Template
- Example Grant Applications
- Current grantees can access grant forms and required documents at Managing Your Grants.
How to Apply for GPS and SCP Grants Webinar