We prioritize the health and safety of the public and our employees. The Department's offices will remain closed to the public until further notice. Previously scheduled events during this time that would have otherwise included the public will be either cancelled or rescheduled for a later date. However, we remain open for business online, by mail, email and phone. Please contact us at 850.245.6500 for more information.
News & Events
Amendment 4: Standards for Governing Eligibility to Vote After a Felony Conviction
For more information about standards governing eligibility requirement to vote after a felony.
The Florida Division of Corporations (Sunbiz) continually seeks to serve its customers effectively. We are excited to announce that the Division of Corporations now welcomes customers in its new facility at The Centre of Tallahassee, 2415 North Monroe Street, Suite 810, in Tallahassee, Florida. This facility enhances the customer experience by providing new facilities, updated infrastructure, and convenient location. Division of Corporations’ friendly employees look forward to seeing you at their new location!
Florida Music Tours
Florida Music Tours is an educational, travel and media website that spotlights Florida’s important role in American musical history and promotes the state as a top destination for music enthusiasts. The website makes it easy to listen to Florida’s traditional music (rock, blues, folk, etc.), learn about influential performers and visit music festivals, venues and historical sites throughout Florida. Buckle up, roll your windows down and enjoy the journey!
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
Florida's Territorial Bicentennial
Florida—the ancestral homeland of varied indigenous peoples—became a United States Territory in 1821, thus ending more than 250 years of Spanish and British rule. To engage the public in learning more about this important transitional time in Florida’s history, the Florida Department of State (DOS) will highlight its territorial and early statehood period resources in 2021.
- 3/1/2021 - Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee Invites the Public to Celebrate Perseverance and Creativity of Museums in Florida During Fifth Annual March of Museums
- 1/28/2021 - Governor Ron DeSantis’ "Florida Leads" Budget Builds on Previous Investments Applauded by Florida Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee
- 12/23/2020 - Florida Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee Credits Governor DeSantis for Successful Election Year
- 12/11/2020 - MEDIA ADVISORY: Meeting of the Florida Presidential Electors
- 11/16/2020 - Media Advisory: Certification of 2020 General Election Results and 2020 Special Election for Florida Senate, District 20