News & Events
50th Anniversary - Apollo 11
On July 20, 1969, the United States of America accomplished a feat of impossibilities by landing the Apollo 11 Lunar Module Eagle on the moon. Florida played a key role in this achievement by serving as the Apollo 11 mission's physical launch pad at the Kennedy Space Center. The Department will be offering a variety of opportunities to recognize and celebrate Florida's role in this historical achievement including space-themed summer reading programs, special moon and space-themed exhibits and educational programming. See the full list here.
Florida Music Tours
Florida Music Tours is an educational, travel and media website that spotlights Florida’s important role in American musical history and promotes the state as a top destination for music enthusiasts. The website makes it easy to listen to Florida’s traditional music (rock, blues, folk, etc.), learn about influential performers and visit music festivals, venues and historical sites throughout Florida. Buckle up, roll your windows down and enjoy the journey!
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
- 10/17/2019 - Florida Main Street’s Hurricane Michael Impacted Communities Fight Back
- 10/2/2019 - Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee Designates Venice MainStreet as Florida Main Street Program of the Month
- 10/2/2019 - Secretary Lee Announces the Designation of Huggins-Stengel Field on the National Register of Historic Places
- 10/1/2019 - Florida Department of State Celebrates American Archives Month with Tales From the Archives
- 9/27/2019 - Secretary Lee Announces the Designation of Two “Florida Cracker” Houses on the National Register of Historic Places