Representative in Congress, State Attorney, Public Defender, Justice of Supreme Court, District Court of Appeal, Circuit Court Judge
- Noon, Monday, April 25, 2022– Noon, Friday, April 29, 2022 (Note: The Division will begin accepting qualifying documents on April 11, 2022. See s. 99.061(8), F.S.)
State Senator, State Representative, and Multi-County Special Districts
- Noon, Monday, June 13, 2022 – Noon, Friday, June 17, 2022 (Note: The Division will begin accepting qualifying documents on May 30, 2022. See s. 99.061(8), F.S.)
*Materials relating to the 2022 Cycle will be available soon.
- 2022 Qualifying Fees (Available after July 1, 2021)
- 2022 Candidate Petition Handbook*
- 2022 State Qualifying Handbook*
- 2022 Federal Qualifying Handbook*
- Candidate Petition Form (DS-DE 104)
- Affidavit of Undue Burden - Candidate (DS-DE 19A)
- Use of Nickname on Ballot
Below is the name, location and address of Florida’s qualifying office for U.S. President and Vice-President, U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, State Senate, State House of Representatives, Judicial (except county judges), multi-county state offices (State Attorney and Public Defender), and multi-county special district candidates:
Department of State, Division of Elections
Bureau of Election Records
Room 316, R.A. Gray Building
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250
Presidential Preference Primary
By law, the major political parties must submit no later than November 30 of the year before the election the names of its presidential candidates to be placed on the Presidential Preference Primary ballot, see s. 103.101, Florida Statutes. No later than the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in December of the year before the election, the respective party's list of nominees is published. Candidate nominees have until the 2nd Tuesday after the 1st Monday in December of the year before the election to submit a formal written withdrawal. No later than the 3rd Tuesday after the 1st Monday in December of the year before the election, the ballot is certified.
Special Election Qualifying
Qualifying information for special elections can be found on our Special Elections page.