Webpage last updated: October 22, 2021
Pursuant to section 100.101, Fla. Stat., a special election shall be held:
- If no person has been elected at a general election to fill an office which was required to be filled by election at such general election.
- If a vacancy occurs in the office of state senator or member of the state house of representatives.
- If it is necessary to elect presidential electors, by reason of the offices of President and Vice President both having become vacant.
- If a vacancy occurs in the office of member from Florida of the House of Representatives of Congress.
Currently Scheduled Special Elections
U.S. House of Representatives District 20
This special election consists of parts of Broward and Palm Beach Counties
- Special Primary Election: November 2, 2021
- Special (General) Election: January 11, 2022
- Deadline to register: December 13, 2021
- Mandatory early voting period: January 1 – 8, 2022
- Optional days of early voting: Contact Supervisor of Elections for information
- Candidate Memo (PDF)
- Executive Order 21-103 (PDF)
- Notice of Special Election English (PDF) / Español (PDF)
(includes qualifying information and reporting dates)
Special Elections Archive
For information on previously held special elections, please visit our Special Elections Archive.