Pursuant to section 100.101, Fla. Stat., a special election shall be held:
- If no person has been elected at a general election to fill an office which was required to be filled by election at such general election.
- If a vacancy occurs in the office of state senator or member of the state house of representatives.
- If it is necessary to elect presidential electors, by reason of the offices of President and Vice President both having become vacant.
- If a vacancy occurs in the office of member from Florida of the House of Representatives of Congress.
Currently Scheduled Special Elections
U.S. House of Representatives District 20
This special election consists of parts of Broward and Palm Beach Counties
- Executive Order 21-103 (PDF)
- Special Primary Election: November 2, 2021
- Special (General) Election: January 11, 2022
- Notice of Special Election (including qualifying information and reporting dates)
- English (PDF) Español (PDF) (coming soon)
- Candidate Memo (PDF) (coming soon)
- Voter Registration/Bookclosing Deadline
- Special Primary Election: October 4, 2021
- Special (General) Election: December 13, 2021
Special Elections Archive
For information on previously held special elections, please visit our Special Elections Archive.