State Library of Florida
Who we are
- Primary information resource provider for the Florida state government since 1845.
- Serving state agencies, the legislature and Florida residents.
- Issued over 10,000 library cards.
- Served over 22,000 users in person, on the phone, via email and online.
What we do
- Collect, preserve and provide access to the published history of Florida.
- Collect and make available state government publications through the Florida Depository Program.
- Read our mission statement to learn more.
What we have
- Over 700,000 available items, including books, magazines, and newspapers
- 2000 + maps of Florida
- Over 180,000 photographs
- Over 200,000 government documents
- Genealogy books and online resources
- Many varied online information resources
Florida Electronic Library
The FEL is a collection of more than 50 million online information resources – a gateway to digital:
- Ask a Librarian reference service
Florida residents download over 17 million articles each year from the FEL.
The Capitol Branch of the State Library of Florida:
- Combines public administration and legal resources.
- Provides priority research and information services to members of the Florida Legislature and their staffs.
- Assists general public with legislative research.
Plan your visit
Please call us at 850.245.6682 or email us at [email protected].