State Historical Records Advisory Board
Meetings and minutes
Review meeting notices, agendas and minutes.
Funding priorities, strategic plan
Our 2013-2018 Strategic Plan (PDF) identifies the following as our Level One Priority:
- Electronic Records
Our mission statement
The Florida State Historical Records Advisory Board serves the public by reviewing historical records' projects and plans. This central advisory board provides leadership and guidance to help ensure the identification, preservation and use of the state's historical records.
It acts as a state-level review body for proposals as defined by the National Historical Records and Publications Commission's grant program guidelines.
The Board encourages and supports communications and coordination among the historical records community, information agencies, and the public.
About the SHRAB
The Florida State Historical Records Advisory Board (SHRAB) was created to:
- Ensure preservation of the nation's documentary heritage.
- Encourage state collaborative efforts.
- Achieve preservation and use of original source material.
SHRAB's eight members and State Coordinator:
- Are appointed by the Governor.
- Represent a wide range of records custodians and users.
- Represent government and historical repositories, public and private archives and libraries, and research organizations throughout the state.
- Work to further the use and preservation of Florida's historical records.
Board meetings take place three times a year throughout the state. SHRAB hopes to encourage public participation and foster communication and cooperation among the records community.
SHRAB is a member of the Council of State Archivists.
The National Historical Publications and Records Commission:
- Was created by law to encourage preservation and use of records that further the understanding and appreciation of American history.
- Supports projects to advance records technology.
- Promotes cooperative efforts.
- Seeks to improve the knowledge, performance, and skills of those who work with historical records.
For more information on Florida's SHRAB, contact the Board Coordinator:
State Library and Archives of Florida
Mail Station 9A
500 S. Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250
For more information on the National Historical Publications and Records Commission:
National Archives Building
Washington, DC 20408