Florida Limited or Limited Liability Limited Partnership
Certificate of Limited Partnership
To create a Florida limited partnership OR correct your rejected online filing:
- Review the instructions for filing the Certificate of Limited Partnership for a Florida Limited Partnership.
- Gather all information required to complete the form.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Answers to common questions about e-filing a Florida limited partnership are listed below.
What are my payment options to file the Certificate of Limited Partnership online?
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
Is the limited partnership name already in use?
I don’t want to file online. Can I print and mail my application and payment?
- Yes, you can print the Certificate of Limited Partnership for a Florida Limited Partnership (PDF) application and mail it with a check or money order.
- All payments by credit card must use the online application.
Will I receive a confirmation that my filing was accepted?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation letter (which will include the limited partnership’s name, assigned document number, filed date, and its effective date, if requested). Your Certificate of Status and/or Certified Copy will also be included if you opted to purchase those items.
- You will receive your filing confirmation by email at the address you provided.
- Your confirmation will be sent to you once the document is examined and approved by the Division of Corporations.
- You will not receive a confirmation by U.S. Mail.
Filings by Mail:
- You will receive your confirmation by U.S. Mail.
- It will be addressed to the mailing address you provided on the application.
How long does it take for my Certificate of Limited Partnership to be processed and posted on Sunbiz?
- Filed online with a credit card: Your document will be processed in the order it was received.
- If paying by check or money order: Your document will be processed in the order it was received.
How do I sign the online form?
- Typing your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F. S.
- Electronic signatures have the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Typing someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes forgery.
Can I get a copy of my partnership’s Certificate of Limited Partnership?
Yes. Once your Certificate of Limited Partnership has been processed and posted, you can download an image of the report from Sunbiz free of charge.
Why was my filing rejected?
The Division of Corporations is required to examine your document for minimum statutory filing requirements. If you received a rejection notice, then your application failed to meet one or more of those requirements.
How do I correct a rejected filing?
Enter your tracking number and PIN (supplied in the rejection email) in the Correct Certificate of Limited Partnership form.