Florida Profit Corporation
Articles of Incorporation
To create a Florida profit corporation OR correct your rejected online filing:
- Review the instructions for filing the Articles of Incorporation for Florida Profit Corporations.
- Gather all information required to complete the form.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Answers to common questions about e-filing a Florida profit corporation are listed below.
What are my payment options to file the Articles of Incorporation online?
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo only).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
Is the corporation name already in use?
I don’t want to file online. Can I print and mail my application and payment?
- Yes, you can print the Articles of Incorporation for a Florida Profit Corporation (PDF) application and mail it with a check or money order.
- All payments by credit card must use the online application.
Will I receive a confirmation that my filing was accepted?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation letter (which will include the corporation’s name, assigned document number, filed date, and its effective date, if requested). Your Certificate of Status and/or Certified Copy will also be included if you opted to purchase those items.
- You will receive your filing confirmation by email at the address you provided.
- Your confirmation will be sent to you once the document is examined and approved by the Division of Corporations.
- You will not receive a confirmation by U.S. Mail.
Filings by Mail:
- You will receive your confirmation by U.S. Mail.
- It will be addressed to the mailing address you provided on the application.
How long does it take for my Articles of Incorporation to be processed and posted on Sunbiz?
- Filed online with a credit card: Allow 2-3 business days during non-peak periods, or longer during peak periods.
- If paying by check or money order: Allow 3-5 business days during non-peak periods, or longer during peak periods.
How do I sign the online form?
- Typing your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F. S.
- Electronic signatures have the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Typing someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes forgery.
Can I get a copy of my corporation’s Articles of Incorporation?
Yes. Once your Articles of Incorporation have been processed and posted, you can download an image of the report from Sunbiz free of charge.
Why was my filing rejected?
The Division of Corporations is required to examine your document for minimum statutory filing requirements. If you received a rejection notice, then your application failed to meet one or more of those requirements.
How do I correct a rejected filing?
Enter your tracking number and PIN (supplied in the rejection email) in the Correct Articles of Incorporation form.