News & Highlights
The Division hosts monthly, open discussions for Florida library staff that focus on a particular topic.
January’s topic will be traditional mobile libraries and alternative methods of external library outreach.
Monday, January 25, 2021, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern
No registration necessary. Join us from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Contact us at 850.245.6622 or [email protected] if you have questions or to suggest a discussion topic.
Stars in the Sunshine State: Community Clinic
Florida’s libraries do amazing things. We take a look at some of their special projects and achievements on our Stars in the Sunshine State pages.
In our latest feature, Calhoun County Public Library plans to bring a community clinic with a family nurse practitioner to one of the most disadvantaged communities in the county.
Sampling of Year 16 SSLLI Projects
- Access for Students: use student ID numbers to grant access to public library system.
- Book Club Kit Enhancements: create readers’ advisory tools and increase promotion to outside groups.
- Growth Plan for Local History Archives: grow collections; promote and increase access.
- Homework Helper: develop volunteer peer mentoring program.
- Teen Podcast: help teens conceptualize, storyboard, script, edit and produce a podcast.
- We Are CapABLE: safe programs for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Data display 2017-2018
We've created a colorful display of data about how Florida libraries serve Florida's youth.
You can download the PDF and find out about how many youth programs public libraries held, how many kids attended library programs, and how much money free library programming saved Florida families.
If you work for a Florida library, we work for you!