Webpage last updated: March 23, 2023
ATTENTION: Florida law (see s. 11 of Chapter 2021-11, Laws of Florida) requires:
- A person seeking nomination as a candidate of a political party to be a member of that political party for the 365 days BEFORE the beginning of the applicable qualifying period.
- A person seeking to qualify for office as a candidate with no party affiliation to not be a member of any political party for the 365 days BEFORE the beginning of the applicable qualifying period.
Therefore, the last day for such person to make the applicable change is April 23, 2023, for the first qualifying period, and June 11, 2023, for the second qualifying period, in order for the person to meet the 365-day requirement.
1st Qualifying Period for 2024: Federal (U.S. Senator, Representative in Congress), State Attorney (Judicial Circuits 1- 19), Public Defender (Judicial Circuits 1 -19), Judicial (Justice(s) of the Supreme Court, District Court of Appeal Judges, and Circuit Court Judges)
- Noon, Monday, April 22, 2024 – Noon, Friday, April 26, 2024
- Note: The Division will begin accepting qualifying documents on April 8, 2024. See Section 99.061(8), F.S.
2nd Qualifying Period for 2024: State Senator, State Representative, County Office and Special Districts
- Noon, Monday, June 10, 2024 – Noon, Friday, June 14, 2024
- Note: The Division will begin accepting qualifying documents on May 27, 2024. See Section 99.061(8), F.S. While state offices are closed on Memorial Day, qualifying documents can still be placed in the secure drop-box provided just inside the front lobby doors of the R.A. Gray Building located at 500 South Bronough Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399, between the hours of 8 AM – 5 PM on May 27, 2024. State offices will reopen at 8 AM the following day.
Note: The 2nd qualifying period and pre-qualifying submission period above also apply to COUNTY AND DISTRICT OFFICES. However, the qualifying paperwork must be submitted to the county Supervisor of Elections’ office as the qualifying officer. Please contact your county Supervisor of Elections for more information.
*Materials relating to the 2024 Cycle will be available soon.
For historical reference only, qualifying materials for 2022 and prior election years are available on the Publications Archive Page.
Below is the name, location and address of Florida’s qualifying office for U.S. President and Vice-President, U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Cabinet, State Senate, State House of Representatives, Judicial (except county judges), multi-county state offices (State Attorney and Public Defender), and multi-county special district candidates:
Department of State, Division of Elections
Bureau of Election Records
R.A. Gray Building, Room 316
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0250
Special Election Qualifying
Qualifying information for special elections can be found on our Special Elections page.