Hurricane Ian Election Resources
Webpage last updated: October 18, 2022
The Florida Department of State’s top priority is ensuring that there are ample opportunities for Floridians impacted by Hurricane Ian to be able to cast ballots safely and securely in the General Election on November 8, 2022. Please check this page often for any updates.
On October 13, 2022, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 22-234 as pertains to Charlotte, Lee and Sarasota Counties in the wake of Hurricane Ian. See press release here. If you are a voter in Charlotte, Lee and Sarasota counties, you still have options for voting. In addition to information on Charlotte, Lee and Sarasota Counties’ websites (county-specific information below), the Division of Elections has information on its website including, but not limited to, the following areas of interest:
- Voting by Mail
- For the latest postal service details about disruption to residential service in your area, click here.
- Visit USPS.com to find out about how to hold mail, schedule a pickup, change your address for mail purposes, or sign up for informed delivery.
- Contact your county Supervisor of Elections if you are unable to receive your vote-by-mail ballot at your address on record.
- Military and Overseas Voting
- Early Voting and Secure Ballot Intake Stations - Check for locations, dates and times.
- Election Day Voting / Voter Precinct Lookup - Check for assigned precincts and polling locations.
- Vote-by-Mail Ballot Information and Status Lookup - Check status of request and/or return of vote-by-mail ballot.
- Voter Information Lookup – Check for registration status.
- Charlotte County Supervisor of Election contact information
- Charlotte County early voting locations and times
- Charlotte County election day voting locations
- Lee County Supervisor of Election contact information
- Lee County early voting locations and times
- Lee County election day voting locations
- Sarasota County Supervisor of Election contact information
- Sarasota County Voter Resources
- Sarasota County early voting locations and times
- Sarasota County election day voting locations
- Executive Order 22-234 (October 13, 2022) – Emergency Order to Ensure Ballot Access for Voters in Counties Severely Impacted by Hurricane Ian/Governor Ron DeSantis Press Release
- Secretary of State Emergency Order 22-01 (September 30, 2022) - Emergency management/Hurricane Ian - Campaign Finance Deadlines
- Executive Order #2022-219 - Amends Executive Order 22-218 re: Emergency Management – Tropical Depression Nine. (September 24, 2022)
- Executive Order #2022-218 - Declares a State of Emergency in 24 Counties re: Tropical Depression Nine. (September 23, 2022)