Disaster Response Centers
Florida is hard hit on a regular basis by storms and other disasters, and libraries across the state are called upon to respond by serving their communities in a variety of ways. They have helped prepare for and endure disasters and have worked to reassemble their communities after these events.
Florida Libraries as Disaster Response Centers takes a look at how libraries serve their communities in times of distress by:
- Helping to prepare prior to disasters.
- Providing emergency information during and after the event.
- Providing shelter and physical aid.
- Caring for community members.
- Working with relief organizations.
- Cleaning up damage.
- Providing continuity of services, stress reduction and a feeling of normalcy throughout the event.
If you have been a Disaster Response Center for your community, let us know. We want to share your story.
Florida Libraries as Disaster Response Centers Webinar
To learn more about Florida Libraries as Disaster Response Centers or to share your library's resources or experiences on this topic, contact Dorothy Frank at [email protected] or 850.245.6631.