Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute
Year 17 participants, please see the wiki or your email for important information regarding preparation for Session Two. We look forward to seeing you in November!
The two locations for SSLLI Year 17 are Riverview Public Library in Hillsborough County and Alachua Branch in Alachua County.
Alachua County sessions will be held on Tuesdays.
Hillsborough County sessions will be held on Thursdays.
Session 1: October 4 and 6
Session 2: November 15 and 17
Session 3: December 6 and 8
Session 4: January 10 and 12
Session 5: February 7 and 9
Session 6: March 7 and 9
Session 7: April 4 and 6
Session 8: May 2 and 4
Session 9: June 6 and 8
Graduation date in July 2023 is forthcoming.
Year 16 virtual graduation
View the first virtual graduation in SSLLI history (1:29:55), held on July 10, 2020, for Year 16 participants.
In this video, Andrew talks about the value of being a mentor (1:05).
Sampling of Year 16 SSLLI projects
- Access for Students: use student ID numbers to grant access to public library system.
- Book Club Kit Enhancements: create readers’ advisory tools and increase promotion to outside groups.
- Growth Plan for Local History Archives: grow collections; promote and increase access.
- Homework Helper: develop volunteer peer mentoring program.
- Teen Podcast: help teens conceptualize, storyboard, script, edit and produce a podcast.
- We Are CapABLE: safe programs for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- 2019-2020 (PDF)
- 2018-2019 (PDF)
- 2017-2018 (PDF)
- 2016-2017 (PDF)
- 2015-2016 (PDF)
- 2008-2009 (PDF)
- 2007-2008 (PDF)
- 2006-2007 (PDF)
- 2005-2006 (PDF)
- 2004-2005 (PDF)
For more information on the Leadership Institute, email us at [email protected].